10th Early Music Summer University in Miercurea-Ciuc | 9–14 July 2017
This year, between 9–14 July we are organising the 10th edition of the Early Music Summer University in Miercurea-Ciuc. In harmony with the theme of this year’s edition of the Early Music Festival, the main topic will be the music of the Reformation and its impact on religious renewal.
The Summer University will be held in “Márton Áron” National College (Miercurea-Ciuc, 80 Márton Áron Street).
- NEW! Choir – András Ványolós (Romania)
- FREE! Music Criticism and Artistic Analysis in Early Music – Elena Maria Șorban (Romania)
- Baroque Violin – Piroska Vitárius (Hungary)
- Harpsichord – Mária Fülöp (Switzerland)
- Recorder and Flute – Zoltán Széplaki (Hungary)
- Voice – Noémi Kiss (Hungary)
- Voice – Réka Palócz (Hungary)
- Lute and Guitar – István Kónya (Hungary)
- Viola da Gamba and Violone – István Csata (Romania)
- Percussion in Early Music, Percussion Chamber Course: musical games, improvisation, phrase-compilation – Roland Kasza (Hungary)
- Renaissance Ensemble Masterclass (as main class) – Rumen István Csörsz (Hungary)
- Renaissance and Baroque Dances (starts with at least 6 participants) – Anikó Szabó (Romania)
Optional, courses available for all participants:
- Renaissance Ensemble Masterclass (as second class) – Rumen István Csörsz (Hungary)
- Morning Dance Class – Anikó Szabó (Romania)
Accompaniment on harpsichord: Amalia Goje (Romania), Csaba Fodor (Hungary), Zsolt Garai (Romania)
Accompaniment on plucked string instruments (archlute, theorbo, cobza, guitar): Attila Kovács (Hungary)
Collaborators: Elena Maria Șorban (Romania), Katalin Hanke (Romania)
If required, the organizers can provide translation during the classes.
Csaba Fodor, performing artist (Hungary): The Use of Internet Resources and Digital Devices in Early Music
Sam Chapman, lutenist (Switzerland): The Alexander Technique
András Szabó, music teacher (Romania): The Lamentations
Éva Péter, university lecturer (Romania): The Music of the Reformation
In case of instrumental masterclasses, applicants must be at least 10 years old and have previous musical experience. For absolute beginners, we recommend the voice or the dance course.
You can take part in the Summer University as:
- Active participant
The course fee is 250 RON/person. This fee entitles the participant to an active attendance of the chosen masterclass and of the optional course(s). In case of applying for two different masterclasses, the participation fee is 2 × 250 RON.
- Passive participant
The course fee is 50 RON/person. The applicant is entitled to participate in the masterclasses on a passive basis, without influencing the work with the active participants. However, this participation fee does not include:
- individual lessons,
- the attendance in the optional courses, available for all participants,
- the opportunity to perform in the closing concert of the Summer University.
The participation fee can be paid in advance at the headquarters of Cultural Center of Harghita County (Miercurea-Ciuc, 4 Blvd. Timișoarei), or at the location of the Summer University, the Márton Áron National College (Miercurea-Ciuc, 80 Márton Áron Street).
The price does NOT INCLUDE neither the cost of the accommodation, nor the meal.
Accommodation: For recommended accommodation possibilities, please contact the organisers at one of the addresses listed below.
Meal: There are several restaurants nearby the location of the Summer University, where you can choose from various daily menus at a reasonable price.
Performing possibilities: Besides teaching, one of the main goals of the Summer University is to support young and talented artists by ensuring them opportunities to perform. All student ensembles are therefore welcome to give short concerts in the form of street music in the squares of Miercurea-Ciuc.
Application: You can apply for one of our masterclasses with the help of the APPLICATION FORM, which is available here: https://goo.gl/Wh7cWt.
The number of participants is limited; the available places will be filled up in accordance with the application order.
Deadline: Monday, 12 June, 2017, midnight (24:00 UTC+2).
For further information, please visit the website of the Early Music Festival Miercurea-Ciuc: www.regizene.ro
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 0040-266-372044 (fax: 0266-315891); 0040-0746-244235 (mobile).
Organisers: Cultura Nostra Association, Cultural Center of Harghita County, Harghita County Council
Co-organiser: Miercurea-Ciuc Municipality
Partners: Márton Áron National College, Nagy István Fine Arts and Music High School